Names and backstories

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions
Calavicci_ql
Full Name: Geoffrey Lang

Names and backstories

Post by Calavicci_ql » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

So I’m trying to figure out how to pick a Jedi name and backstory, but I’m falling a little short. Any guidance on the best process for this? The one method I found gave a good name for Alexis, but not so great for me...Dicph Lange? Meh. What process did everyone use? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinlea
CCJK Supporter I
CCJK Supporter I
Full Name: Mandi L Hurley

Re: Names and backstories

Post by Trinlea » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:44 am

You can use an old nickname, a former gaming character name, even just something you think sounds cool. Or use a code, like each letter in your name is represented by the letter 3 down from it, such as A=D, B=E, C=F

Jhriuhb Odqjh

Then tweak it a bit to make it more pronounceable lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dmclain
Full Name: Drew McLain

Post by dmclain » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm

I helped Sherry make her name - basically by asking her to list a few of her favorite characters from different movies shows and books she likes.. writing them down, and the actors who play them. Then I listed some of the more unique star wars names I've heard/seen/know for people that embody what Sherry is/aspires to be .. and I shuffled some things around and came up with:

Roseile Grangerston
Pronounced Ro-Zeel G-Ranger-Ston

It's a mix of Rose (her Fav. Doc. Who companion), Satele (pronounced Sa-Teel, from Knights of the Old Republic) then Hermoine Granger + Ston (from the end of her Fav. Doc Who Dr's Actors Name.. Eckleston).

So.. some Star Wars, some Dr. Who, some Potter - These are a few of her favorite things :-)

kdenisco
Full Name: Ken DeNisco

Post by kdenisco » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:49 pm

I basically got on google translate and looked at foreign languages for some aspect of my character. Ceardan Blair came up in Scottish Gaelic for “battle crafter”. I was looking at Icelandic, Finnish, and Gaelic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk